Friday 17 May 2013

My first HDT order


Some of the blogs that I'm reading use the most amazing thread colours in their tatting and some of them dye their own threads.

They kept talking about HDT and I didn't know what it was. Obviously I have found out now.

HDT - Hand Dyed Thread.

I got my first order of HDT from Jess at Tat-ilicious and I love it.

The light colour (1 skein and 1 bobbin) is Whoopsie #40.

The dark colour (1 skein and 1 bobbin) is Grackle Mess #40 and is a lot more interesting looking in real life - it has blues and purples kind of like abalone shell colouring.

The large bobbin at the bottom is Dark Rainbow #20. It was the last of that colourway which is why I only bought the one.

I am getting soooooooooooo many ideas for things that I would like to do from all the blogs and pins that I am connected to.

I have put in another overseas order for bobbins and other accessories but the AUS$ is falling in value so instead of paying less than US$ I'm starting to pay more. Oh well, it was good while it lasted!

Unfortunately my headache has now gone on for more than two weeks and I have had to cancel over $600 worth of maths tutoring students - which means no more internet spending for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment